If something is stopping you, think about what it might be and make sure that you’re on the right path.
If the barrier is open: obstacles are in your way and they could turn into a serious problem.
If the barrier is down: problems can easily be overcome.... Dreamers Dictionary
2. To an agnostic, a question as to whether one should believe or not.
3. To an atheist, a symbol of one’s disbelief in god and religion.
4. A hint that though one does not believe in god, one might someday.
5. If one pictures oneself being cruciﬁed, one is making a huge sacriﬁce for someone else. ... New American Dream Dictionary
If the cross is colored the color has special significance to the interpretation.
A cross can be on an animal or a person and be an indication of a false religious belief or demonic doctrine... Christian Dream Symbols
According to Artemidorus, the 2nd century dream interpreter, it is a favorable sign for those who are going on a sea voyage, because ships were made of wood, and the masts took on the configuration of the cross.
For non-seafaring people, however, it is a sign of bad luck.... Little Giant Encyclopedia
The Celtic or Greek equidistant cross: An elemental balance and wholeness (see Pictographs).
Carrying a cross: Burdens that may not be yours to bear. Self-imposed martyrdom.
Protective energy. Carrying or wearing a cross was long considered a potent safeguard from evil, especially from vampires.
A Red Cross: Take special note of your health, as this suggests you may be overlooking a problem that could become serious with time.
According to Jung, other items that are symbolic of crosses include the ace of spades (see Cards), forked branches, anchors, and four-armed wheels.
If any of these appear in your dream, consider both entries for interpretive value.
A Saltire Cross (one rotated halfway) creates an X, marking the spot under which you should look for more answers, or to discover the treasures.... The Language of Dreams
A cross that is worn around the neck may point to devotion to Christ or it may mention that you have a cross to bear.... Ariadne's Book of Dream
If you dream of holding or wearing a crucifix in your dream, you are a kind and modest person and these are the personal qualities that will win you love and success.... My Dream Interpretation
(1) It may mean simply ‘no-go’: that something in your life has come to an end; or that it ought to come to an end. Look deeper into yourself for new directions, in both senses of the word.
(2) It may be a crossroads sign. See also Crossroads.
(3) Is the cross in the dream a burden? If so, don’t be too ready to accept the notion that crosses have to be borne. Discover what it is in your life or in yourself that constitutes a ‘cross’, and then remove it - dissolve it with a proper self-love. Burdens prevent you from reaching your full stature as a person.
(4) The cross may be a symbol of death. It may be that your present self, or something in you, must ‘die’ as a necessary prelude to new and fuller life.
(5) It may be a symbol of martyrdom. Is the martyrdom something you feel as an oppressive and crippling restraint, or is it self-imposed? These are not absolute alternatives: what is consciously felt as an undeserved punishment may be unconsciously self-inflicted - for some imagined guiltiness.
(6) A crucifix (cross with the crucified one fastened to it) will carry the symbolism of crucifixion, which may be either martyrdom (as in (5) above), or severe restraining of‘bodily^ or ‘earthly5 desires. Alternatively, it may represent extreme neglect of some psychic component or function (for repression and suppression). Decide whether your unconscious is recommending or protesting against the rcpression / suppression, and act accordingly.
(7) The Greek cross, having all four arms of equal length, may symbolize wholeness: the unified psyche - the unification of conscious and unconscious. (The union of opposites is represented by the vertical and horizontal lines of the cross; wholeness is represented by the way the arms reach out to embrace reality in all directions.) See also Mandala... A Dictionary of Dream Symbols
From a mystical point of view, the cross symbolizes the division nature in four sets: four seasons, four directions, four elements... Formerly, the cross contained the ideal human body.
It is also associated with the power of arboreal life.... The Big Dictionary of Dreams
The earth is a circle divided into a cross by virtue of the North and South Poles combined with the eastern and western horizons. This makes the cross a truly universal symbol.
If you have a personal association with Christianity, then you must use this in your interpretation.
If not, still consider this a primal symbol representing the spiritual energy of all beings on Earth. Its presence in a dream may indicate a stirring of a mystical nature.... Complete Dictionary of Dreams
If you are religious and focus on the pain and suffering of Jesus, the cross could mean that you feel there are great burdens in your life that are almost too much to bear. You are being crucified—tortured— for the things in which you believe. The pain is unwarranted but you bear it all the same, and are seeking for a way to handle your problems. Yes, there may be troubles, but if you approach them with a joyful spirit and optimism, you will find a path through them. Your dreaming mind is telling you that you have the spiritual strength within you to overcome any hurdle.
If you are not religious, the cross could stand for a power in your life over which you have no control or that is trying to influence you. It could mean that you have a certain path you wish to take, but that forces are preventing you from taking that path. The cross may also represent something in your life that is wrong or forbidden, or something you need to cross off a list.
If the cross is upright as in +, this suggests correctness and self-assertion; but if the cross is in the shape of an x, it represents reaching out and wholeness.... The Element Encyclopedia
If you are undecided which one to take, you are likely to let unimportant matters irritate you in a distressing manner. You will be better favored by fortune if you decide on your route. It may be after this dream you will have some important matter of business or love to decide. ... Ten Thousand Dream Interpretation
Vision: A cross is a sign of sorrow and misery to come. Praying in front of a cross: in a hopeless situation, unexpected help is on the way.
A cross on die side of the road: a warning about hard times ahead, but if you rely on your own strength, you can do what is necessary to get through. Seeing Christ on the cross: good fortune. Standing at a crossroads: a long-overdue decision can’t be postponed any longer.
Depth Psychology: The cross represents many things: it gives directions since the cross always points at one of the four points of the compass, but it also stands for great sorrow as well as renewal.
It is also a sign of begging kneeling in front of someone.
A crossroads indicates indecision, fear of taking the “wrong path.” It also could mean that this is a time to make changes.
The direction you are moving in the dream is important. Is it East, North, South, West?... Dreamers Dictionary
A crossroads implies the obvious: two possible paths lying ahead, and a choice to be made. Other symbols in the dream could hint as to the best possible path.... Dream Explanations of Astro Center
To see cross-bones as a monogram on an invitation to a funeral, which was sent out by a secret order, denotes that unnecessary fears will be entertained for some person, and events will transpire seemingly harsh, but of good import to the dreamer. ... Ten Thousand Dream Interpretation
A woman in drag could be expressing a desire to be seen as more aggressive or powerful.
A man in drag might be considering what it would be like to be more receptive in the world and be perceived as more sensitive.... Complete Dictionary of Dreams
2- We may encounter something we cannot control, and which may control us.
To be crossing a field shows we could have a false sense of security, or may need to bring our feelings out into the open.
3- Crossing a river or chasm often depicts death, not necessarily a physical death but possibly spiritual change.... Ten Thousand Dream Dictionary
To be crossing a field shows we could have a false sense of security, or may need to bring our feelings out into the open.... Dream Meanings of Versatile
(2) Crossing the sea, going from one country to another, may symbolize a fundamental personal re-orientation; perhaps leaving conventional values behind in favour of values discovered within oneself.
(3) Even crossing the street may have similar significance. Pay attention also to the direction: are you crossing from left to right, or from right to left? See also Left, Right / Left.... A Dictionary of Dream Symbols
If you are crossing a field, you may need to bring your feelings out into the open. Crossing a river or chasm depicts the end of one phase or stage of life and the beginning of another. To dream that you are at a crossroad signifies that you have come to a point in your life where you have several options from which to choose, all of which will take you to different destinations. This dream suggests you need to make an important decision, often in relation to career or life changes. To turn left at the crossroad can indicate following your intuition, whilst to turn right can mean making logical decisions. To dream that you are walking down a long corridor signifies your desperation in trying to escape a repetitive situation or behavior patterns.... The Element Encyclopedia
A hearse passed us slowly with a child’s coffin’ (Mrs R). Crossroads represent decisions, as in the example. In trying to decide what direction to take, Mrs R still finds emotions tie her to the past, but the dead child shows she really knows the relationship has ended. Crossroads also have a certain amount of anxiety involved, as with crossing. ... A Guide to Dreams and Sleep Experiences
Listen to advice, but in the final crunch rely on your own judgment or on your intuition if necessary.... The Complete Guide to Interpreting Your Dreams
To turn right can obviously mean taking the correct path, but can also mean making logical decisions.
2- We are in a situation where two opposing forces are coming together, not in conflict but in harmony.
3- A magical but dangerous space, since we can go in any direction which seems appropriate.... Ten Thousand Dream Dictionary
To turn right can obviously mean taking the correct path, but can also mean making logical decisions.... Dream Meanings of Versatile
(2) Rarely, a crossroads may represent death. (People were sometimes, in earlier societies, buried at crossroads.) See also Dead / Death.... A Dictionary of Dream Symbols
2. Hint that one is overcomplicating particular problems, that one should simplify and use plain emotional insights rather than intellectualizing.
3. If there are ﬁlled-out sections of a crossword, these often have separate messages. ... New American Dream Dictionary
It is a Christian symbol and you can think about what it means to you.
The other interpretation may be less spiritual and more of a reflection of how you are feeling.
A cross is a symbol of pain and suffering. Think if you are feeling as though you are being “crucified” by something that is going on in your life.... The Bedside Dream Dictionary