Boss in dream meaning | Dream interpretation
(1) If your boss appears in vour dreams, the meaning could have something to do w’ith your real-life relationship with him or her.
(2) On the other hand - particularly if the boss is a man - he could be an authority figure symbolizing vour own super-ego (for super-ego).
(3) If vou are the boss in the dream, the one w ho is behaving in a masterful, bossy way, taking charge of things and giving orders, either the dream mav be show ing you what you are like in real life, and urging vou to relate differently to people, to be more gentle and receptive, more ready to cooperate (rather than command) or even to submit to another’s teaching or guidance, or it mav be asking you to be more
assertive than you are in real life. Provided you are honest with yourself, it should not be difficult to decide which of these alternatives applies to you.
Symbolic of authority.
A boss may symbolize a parent, teacher, guardian, or supervisor
One who is bossy or in an authoritative position
To see your boss in your dream may symbolize the controlling part of your character. Your boss may reflect your own aggressiveness and dominance. This dream is suggesting that you may have problems handling the influences that a person in a superior position holds over you. It may also imply that you are too immersed in your career and you need to focus more on your home life. Dreaming about your boss can also represent your feelings of constraint and inability to express your individuality.
To dream that you are afraid of your boss represents your apprehension and anxiety regarding those in power. You are not in control of your own destiny and you feel unable to change the course of your life. Perhaps this dream is mirroring the association that you have with your boss. This may suggest certain conflicts or matters that must be addressed in your place of employment.
Dreaming of one’s boss may indicate over involvement with work. Alternatively, it may represent a parental figure—the father if the boss is a man, and the mother if the boss is a woman.
To see your boss in your dream, represents the bossy or authoritative side of your own personality. This dream is telling of your issues of control and authority. Or, it’s possible that you’re dreaming of your boss simply because you are obsessed or worried about your work.
To dream that you are afraid of your boss, means you feel like someone else is running your life or ordering you around.
If you were the boss, your dream reflects your self-confidence and ability to take charge of matters in your life.
1. Internal authority, usually behaviorally and emotionally.
2. Internal accountability and responsibility, often regarding work and business affairs.
3. Difﬁculties with authority or authority ﬁgures.
4. A need or desire to be more independent, self-sufﬁcient.
Dreams of an authority figure reflect your issues, thoughts and feelings about being in power or being at the mercy of a powerful person. See Employee/Employer.
The figure of the boss has various connotations. On one side, it represents a lack of confidence in yourself and the fear of taking initiative.
It is a symbol of a feeling of oppression and inferiority. The presence of the boss can be interpreted as an internal guide that neutralizes your instinctive impulses and makes you act more prudently.
The first books on dream interpretation were written by upper-class people. So, they said that this dream as a sign of incompetence. But if the dreamer was the boss himself, it augured a rapid rise of social prestige.
The critic within self, which can be a creative or destructive influence. Guidance giving you helpful instructions. The nature of the relationship with your own boss.