The details in the dream are just as important as the bridge itself.
The first consideration should be given to how much you travel.
The bridge can be interpreted literally if it is a part of your daily commute. On a more theoretical level, bridges can symbolize transitions (e.g. transition from one stage to another, from one level of consciousness to another). Since most bridges are over water (i.e. emotions, unconscious), this dream could also be symbolic of your rising above your emotional difficulties or unconscious drives.... The Bedside Dream Dictionary
If so, you have weathered a difficult time that is coming to closure, this dream symbol may represent your optimism. Generally, rainbows make people smile and feel happy. Thus, some may consider this dream a sign of your good luck. ... The Bedside Dream Dictionary
It is dark. We come to a humpbacked bridge. As we arrive at the brow of the bridge a voice says, “Fair lady come to me”. I float and everything is black and peaceful. Then great fear overcomes me. I wake with terror and feelings of horror* (Evelyn K). Evelyn’s dream paints a vivid picture of her journey through life, drawn by the natural forces within her, shown as a horse. She has enjoyed life, but comes to the brow of her life, her 40th year, and feels it is all downhill now into old age, which horrifies her.
The bridge generally has this significance of crossing from one phase of life, activity or emphasis, to another. It depicts connection between yourself and a relationship; self and opportunity; self and change in life. Fallen bridge: lost opportunity, broken bonds and connections. Idioms, burn one’s bridges; cross that bridge when I come to it; water under the bridge. ... A Guide to Dreams and Sleep Experiences
It is often a place of danger and of falling; you are crossing a boundary. In the Catholic faith, the protector is Saint Napomuk, patron saint of bridges. Uniting, re-establishing relationships; contradictions are bridged.
If the dreamer has self-confidence, the fear of the abyss may be going away, but although the bridge becomes wider and is safe, it is still a place of danger.
The condition of the bridge is important. How are you feeling on the bridge? When you have crossed the bridge, you have done a lot of inner work. Changes have taken place (you have reached the other shore).
In the Koran, the bridge over hell is as thin as a thread and can only be crossed by the righteous. In Celtic lore, there exists a bridge of horror that is also as narrow as a thread.
The bridge always spans an abyss in which spirits, the devil, or God resides. Often in the dream one must bring a sacrifice in order to cross the bridge.
For that reason we often see chapels on the bridge where the sacrifice has to be offered. Jung related the symbol of the bridge to the unconscious. He saw the unconscious as different islands in the sea.
For him, the bridge connected these islands and is therefore a symbol of working toward a strong consciousness.... Little Giant Encyclopedia
Standing in the middle of: A critical decision that is very difficult. Look to see what lies on each side of the bridge for greater detail.
Birth and death. Bridges span a gulf, and by so doing allow a soul to move freely from one state to the next.
Connections and communication.
If the bridge reaches to someone who is far away, or someone with whom communication has been severed, this may indicate a longing or need to reconnect to that individual.
Is the bridge on fire} If so, be absolutely certain that whatever this overpass represents is a bridge that you really want to burn.... The Language of Dreams
These dreams frequently relate to real-life scenarios in which the relationships in the dream mirror those from waking hours. If, however, the relationship takes on different dimensions in the dream, this may reflect your hopes or fears for that association.
Building a relationship with strangers in your dream can indicate building similar bridges between your ego and psyche for self-actualization. It can also reveal a more social attitude developing in which you’re not so shy about extending yourself to others.
Antagonistic relationships in dreams usually divulge your own hostility and conflicts with the persons seen. Alternatively, this may be self-hatred. In either case, the source of the anger needs to be detected and reconciled.... The Language of Dreams
Vision: Crossing a bridge means reaching a new “shore” on your life’s journey, changes for the better, and leaving behind old problems; also advancement in your private and professional life.
A broken down bridge or going down with a bridge that is falling: a project will end in failure and a streak of bad luck—which you are partially responsible for. Seeing a number of bridges: frustration and anger. Walking across an old bridge in poor repair: overcoming danger at the last minute. Walking across a very long bridge: your future will be filled with many adventures.
Depth Psychology: A bridge is a sign of an emotional transition.
It is usually a good omen—if the bridge does not break down.
A bridge usually indicates that you will solve your problems and that contradictory opinions can be “bridged.” You are on the wav to new shores.... Dreamers Dictionary
The choice you make can bring you great fortune, success, and happiness. Bridges symbolize a major change that will propel you to new levels of awareness or personal growth.
To dream of a run-down bridge is a warning not to consider altering any aspects of your life until sometime in the future.
To see a bridge collapse in your dream implies that you haven’t taken advantage of a potentially beneficial chance.... Dream Symbols and Analysis
To dream of hair falling out indicates extreme fears may be running unchecked in your emotional body. There is a strong message here to examine your inner world before stress manifests itself from uneasiness.
If the loss of hair in a dream is random and in clumps, a fear of death is lurking and needs to be addressed so as to improve your general demeanor.
Dreaming of watching someone else lose their hair may be a reminder to forgive a member of your immediate family and attempt to build bridges instead of waiting for the other party to make the first move.
To dream of waking up covered in hair suggests a need to come to terms with your body and begin to appreciate all it does for you. This is a message of self-love and that you can find the courage needed to make an all important connection with yourself.
Dreaming of hair in your mouth implies confusion related to responsibility.
It is possible that you may be abdicating responsibility, but more likely you are receiving mixed messages and consequently taking on responsibility that doesn’t belong to you. Seeing hair before you in a dream indicates an embarrassing moment best forgotten. Noticing hair in your food suggests you may have been dwelling on a humiliating moment from your past. This is something that cannot be changed and needs to be released.
To dream of hair tied in a sleek knot is an indication of special person in your waking life.
The knot is to remind you of the special gift you have received through having known that person.
Dreaming of hair in tangles or messy knots implies a messy waking life that needs some tidying up. Tangled hair is a reminder to examine your life for opportunities to simplify and organize. Braided hair in your dream is the unconscious recognition of childlike innocence and successful organization skills.
A rational mind and a playful heart may be the ticket to great success for you at this time.
To dream of a radical hairstyle change, indicates a potential holiday or change of scene in coming days. Some time away may broaden your perspective on a current idea and bring about an exciting outcome. Cutting somebody’s hair in a dream suggests a wish for control in a relationship, quite likely with a work colleague.
If your hair is being cut in a dream it is possible that you believe an idea of yours has been stolen and resentment is consequently building within you.
To be styling, combing or grooming your own hair or a loved one’s hair, implies special care is being given or needs to be given to an important undertaking in your waking life. Smelling hair in a dream is a message of secrets.
To be enjoying the aroma of hair may mean exciting and happy secrets that you will derive pleasure from.
To be dreaming of foul-smelling hair implies secrets you would rather not hear and that you are not obligated to keep.
It is also a subtle reminder to refuse to keep secrets when you know it is not healthy for you to do so.... Dream Symbols and Analysis
A gate, path, door or fence opening all speak of either a new direction in your life or one that has passed. I often see a door or gate in the spirit when I am releasing someone into something new in their lives.
• It often speaks of a new plan that the Lord has for them. Perhaps someone has been trusting the Lord for a new job or hoping to move house.
If I see an open door before them, it means that the way is clear before them.
If I see a closed door, it either means that we need to pray and open the door, or that something is blocking them.
The same refers to a path or to a gate.
• I might see a blockage in the road that needs removing, or the Lord could be saying “not now, I have put this blockage here for a reason”. Once again it takes a bit of discernment and a look at the person’s current condition. Let’s look at a few typical scenarios here: • Positive: I see a door, gate or a new path in the spirit most often when I am releasing an individual into their ministry or releasing them into something new. When I have imparted gifts or confirmed a calling in a person’s life, then the Lord often shows me a new door that he has for them. This door refers to a new plan, with a new set of circumstances.
• This often also involves closing off the doors to the past. At this point the Holy Spirit requires that they commit entirely to this new plan and allow Him to ‘burn their bridges’ of the past and close all past doors.
• Referring to a new direction for ministry: • 1. Corinthians 16:9 because a great door for effective work has opened to me, and there are many who oppose me.(NIV) • 2. Corinthians 2:12 Now when I went to Troas to preach the gospel of Christ and found that the Lord had opened a door for me,(NIV) • If you see a closed door, then the Lord means for you to open it in the spirit: • Revelation 3:81 know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.(NIV)
Most negative doors I see in the spirit refer to an open door to the demonic realm. When I see an open door and darkness behind it, or a demon coming out of it, I know that a person has an ‘open door’ in their lives.
• In other words they have given the enemy license to mess in their lives because of personal sin, generational sin or sin by association. I do not close this door on the person’s behalf.
• It is vital to remember that you cannot forgive sins that are unto death. In other words, if the person in question opened the door, then it is up to them to repent and shut it.
• In a nutshell apply: James 4:7Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
• Submit to the Lord, confess your sin and then close that door and tell Satan to leave! • Speaking of walking a life of sin (thus giving the enemy license in your life) Proverbs 4:14 Enter not into the path of the wicked, and do not walk in the way of evil [men].
• In reference to giving license to the enemy: Ephesians 4:26 Be angry, but do not sin: do not let the sun set on your anger: 27 Neither give licence to the devil.
See also: Gate, Road.... The Way of Dreams and Visions
Freud lists four meanings of the bridge symbol:
(1) It may represent the male sexual organ, which ‘bridges the gap’ between male and female sexual partners.
(2) It may also symbolize birth - that is, the crossing from ‘the other world’ to this, or from womb to independent existence.
(3) It may represent (something that leads to) death - that is, a return to the womb, or to ‘the other world’, ‘the other side’.
(4) It may symbolize any sort of transition in the dreamer’s life. Freud gives the example of a woman who wants to be a man, and consequendy dreams of bridges that don’t quite reach the other side of the river. However, the symbolized change may be something that can be achieved more easily, but still possibly requiring will and determination; for example, a change of lifestyle, or a passing from middle years into old age.
To Freud’s list we may add the following:
(5) The bridge is a means of crossing a river, and even perhaps crossing from one country to another - foreign, new, strange - country. It may therefore svmbolize a critical juncture in the dreamer’s life, a situation that calls for a definitive decision, a decision which may be of such a radical kind that it could well be described figuratively as entering a new country.
(6) If the bridge you are crossing seems in danger of collapsing, this may reflect your anxiety about a transition in your life: for example, about whether you are going to be able to go through with a change from living on your own to living with a partner (or the reverse); from one job to another; from one set of values to another.... A Dictionary of Dream Symbols
A dream about a bridge indicates that some sort of transition is taking place or that you are in search of a solution to what feels like an insurmountable problem. Since a bridge takes you from one place to another, it also carries the meaning of a transition in life. Since many bridges are suspended over water, an emotional issue is often the underlying conflict being expressed by this symbol.... Complete Dictionary of Dreams
A yard is connected to the house itself, so that it is directly expressing part of who you are.
It is outside and therefore is also related to the public part of yourself that you allow people to see. Since people have a lot invested in how they present their yards for public scrutiny, the yard in your dream is a symbol for this very same kind of attention toward superficial details that project a desired identity that may or may not be true to what is happening on the inside.
A front yard is more public, and the back or side yard to a house relates to the same general interpretation, with the caveat that a deeper sense of privacy or an invitation is required in order for that part of your nature to be visible.... Complete Dictionary of Dreams
To dream of a fireman represents selfcontrol and your ability to deal with your energies, burning desires or emotional emergencies in the waking world. To dream that you caused a fire may be a warning from your unconscious that you are playing with fire and may be in danger of getting your fingers burned if you go ahead with a certain project or get involved with a certain person.
If you find yourself on fire, your passions may be consuming you and you may feel hopeless and trapped in waking life. If, however, you managed to put a fire out, this shows that you are asserting control over the fire raging within you.
If someone else started a fire, your unconscious may have been telling you to watch that person carefully in waking life or to carry out some simple safety checks.... The Element Encyclopedia
If you often have dreams in which barriers prevent you from progressing or escaping, your dreaming mind is urging you to dissolve limiting factors In your life and in your mind. This doesn’t mean all of your problems are down to negative thinking; but if you can think of problems as challenges and rejection as setbacks, your chances of success are far greater.... The Element Encyclopedia
Bridges are points of transition that link the past with a potential future, so if you dreamed of wandering across a bridge, could you see what was waiting for you on the other side?... The Element Encyclopedia