A cave in a dream also represents a woman,jealousy, swerving, dodging, or a good luck with one’s friends.
A cave in a dream also represents one’s shelter, guardian, mother, father, teacher, Imam, wife, business or trade.
A cave in a dream also means hiding one’s secrets and for a person looking for work, it means finding ajob or working for people in authority and ending of one’s trouble, or it could mean recovering from an illness, release from jailor longevity.... Islamic Dream Interpretation
A cave can also be symbolic of being trapped, Isa. 42:22... Christian Dream Symbols
If you dream you’re inside a cave, you’ll experience frustration. See the cave from the outside, and your situation will gradually improve.... Tryskelion Dream Interpretation
According to Freud, a symbol for vagina; protection and femininity.
The original dwellings in which human beings lived, with their animal drives. According to Jung, a reminder that human beings developed from animals.... Little Giant Encyclopedia
2- Passing through the cave signifies a change of state, and a deeper understanding of our own negative impulses.
3- Spiritual shelter and initiation and rebirth.... Ten Thousand Dream Dictionary
Depth Psychology: See Grotto, Ditch, Tomb.... Dreamers Dictionary
If you escape from the Cave, all will go well, though you must expect trouble at first. But if you fall into a Cave, or fail to get out, then expect business worries.... Mystic Dream Book
If there is a cave-in, you will experience some unexpected misfortune or disagreement.... My Dream Interpretation
If the dreamer is in a cave, indifference may alienate friends or family.
The cave is a dream symbol of sexual implications.... Psycho Dream Interpretation
• Positive: Although it might not seem that a cave can be a positive place, it does speak of a place of being protected and hidden away. I remember the Lord giving me a vision once where he drew me to a cave.
• The cave was empty except for me and Him. He said that here He would teach me everything that I needed for the next phase of my spiritual walk.
For a season things would quiet down and I would not be involved with a lot of people, but that this was of Him.
• It was indeed one of the most precious times of my life where I came to know the Lord Jesus face to face at a new level. It was a time where He brought the Scriptures to life for me and gave me a new impartation of his love.
• So if you have a vision or dream of the Lord drawing you aside, this is a good thing. It speaks of a time of seclusion that is temporary. However it will be a time of much growth for you. Even Elijah experienced the still voice of the Lord in the cave.
• 1 Kings 19:9 And he came there to a cave, and lodged there; and, behold, the word of the LORD [Yahweh] [came] to him, and he said to him, What are you doing here, Elijah?
It has been our experience in personal ministry to often see someone we pray for tied to a cave wall. This indicates that they have hidden themselves away from the real world, usually because of hurts in the past. I speak more of this under the symbol “Bars” • It also speaks of a place of hiding away from the stress and the pressures that are surrounding you.
The only way to overcome is to step out in the name of Jesus and to overcome..... The Way of Dreams and Visions
(1) For Freudians, a cave represents the female genitals.
(2) It may also represent your mother; or your anima, if you are a man (for anima, see Brother / Sister sections (4)-(6)).
(3) A cave may represent a womb, a place of conception or birth. (It is a hollow place in Mother Earth. A Renaissance painting depicts the conception of Jesus in a cave, with a flash of lightning as the fertilizing agent. Here we see the almost universal symbolism of sky = father, earth = mother.)
The conception or birth represented in your dream may not be a physical one. Metaphorically, a ‘pregnant5 situation is one that may ‘give birth1 to something new, a new order of things. So it may be that something new is coming to birth - or trving to come to birth, if onlv the conscious ego will let it.
(4) A cave may symbolize the unconscious. Wordsworth (‘Prelude1, Book III, lines 246—7) speaks of‘Caverns... within my mind which sun / Could never penetrate1. The unconscious lies beyond consciousness (of which the sun is a symbol) and is therefore ‘dark1 and possibly frightening. But we can allow the light of consciousness to penetrate the unconscious. Rock suggests permanence and antiquin’. Similarly, the unconscious is a much more ancient part of the human psvchc than intellect, much closer to the source of things.
(5) If, in your dream, there is someone in the cave, it may be that he or she is a Wise Old Man / Woman figure see Wise Old Man / Woman), a personification of the wisdom contained in the unconscious. Perhaps he or she will let you into the secret of your ‘destiny5, or uncover for you the causes of whatever is troubling you or spoiling your life.
(6) There mav be a fierce-looking monster, snake or dragon in the cave. There may be treasure there, too, guarded by the monster.
If so, the treasure is voursclf - your true self - or the key that will unlock the secret of life for you. First of all, though, you must overcome your fear of the unconscious (the frightening monster). The terrifying thing in your unconscious may be some traumatic childhood experience that, being unbearable, was repressed - banished from consciousness. Like St George, vou have to slay the dragon, overcome your fear of the unconscious, learn to trust it and let it sene you (which is what it is there for). See also Monster, Treasure
(7) It may be that the cave in your dream represents a hiding-place, a refuge from life’s problems.
If so, there will be other features of your dream(s) pointing towards this interpretation.... A Dictionary of Dream Symbols
It is very common dream during adolescence. The events happening inside the cave will reveal which aspects of the Self you are working on. In other interpretations, the cave represents the womb or female sexuality. What you find in it will be those elements the unconscious wants to cultivate in your: virtues, ideas, attitudes, etc.
Many dragons and monsters from mythology lived in caves guarding a great treasure. This symbolizes that before winning the spiritual reward, you must fight the unconscious’ fears. The cavern may also represent memories about a traumatic childhood that have been banished from conscious memory.... The Big Dictionary of Dreams
A cave may also symbolize the womb, childbearing, new life, contemplation, or creativity. (See also Hole, Pit).... Dream Symbols in The Dream Encyclopedia
If you enter the cave in your dream, this suggests change and a deeper understanding of yourself.
If you are too afraid to enter, there may be aspects of yourself that you don’t want to acknowledge. Or do you feel that you are about to cave in or give way to someone else?... The Element Encyclopedia
Emerging from a cave into daylight may symbolize a new beginning, whilst descending into a cave or catacomb may represent a desire to explore your unconscious. Passing through a cave signifies a change of state and a deeper understanding of negative impulses within you. See also Cave, Chasm and Valley entries in NATURE AND THE SEASONS.... The Element Encyclopedia
The subconscious or hidden nature within.
Archetypal: The womb of the earth—e.g., Earth as our mother who gave all humankind birth and nourishment. Also an emblem for a woman’s womb. In Hebrew tradition, Abraham was born in a sacred cave, as was the Persian savior Mithra.
Fears: If ?>ionsters or other terrible things lurk within the cave, this reveals unresolved phobias and apprehensions.
A retreat, sanctuary, or place of hiding. Many notable figures went to secluded areas to find themselves or the Divine. In this instance, what you seek is probably more intuitive in nature (see Desert).
Damp caves represent fertility.
An archetypal sanctuary eluding to humankind’s earliest dwelling places where communities began to form. Here the subconscious may be relating your need for a safe haven, or joining a friendly group within which you feel comfortable.... The Language of Dreams
To be inside a cavern is to have security, if only for a short while.... Gypsy Dream Dictionary
A married woman or a man having this dream should be on guard against scandalous gossip.... The Complete Dream Book
An earthquake usually means a bitter illness or a plague hitting the population of the town or locusts or a severe cold weather, or it could mean a drought.
If an evil person sees the earth caving under him in a dream, it means a punishment for his sins or undertaking a long and a distantjourney from which he may not return home.... Islamic Dream Interpretation
If you observed the cavern entrance from outside, you can expect that your circumstances will gradually improve; however, if you were in it (or fell into it) and couldn’t get out, you may be up against some hostile influences which could frustrate your ambitions.
The seriousness of your opposition would be indicated by the depth of the cave*L If it seemed very deep, you should reconsider your goal.... The Complete Guide to Interpreting Your Dreams
To be in a cave foreshadows change. You will probably be estranged from those who are very dear to you.
For a young woman to walk in a cave with her lover or friend, denotes she will fall in love with a villain and will suffer the loss of true friends. ... Ten Thousand Dream Interpretation
2. One’s self.
3. Vagina. ... New American Dream Dictionary
The cave, as the womb, can represent new life, creativity, warmth and safety.
The cave can be a general symbol of a safe place, a sanctuary or a refuge.
If you are experiencing much anxiety in daily life, in your dream state you may retreat to a warm cave where you cannot be disturbed by worldly demands.
The cave could also represent the mysterious and unexplored parts of ourselves. It could be symbolic of the unconscious mind, which could be a pleasant or a frightening experience. Your personal associations and experiences with caves, as well as the details and the emotional content of this dream, need to be carefully considered before making an interpretation. Retreat, refuge, meditation ... The Bedside Dream Dictionary