To climb a ladder to the last rung, you will succeed in business; but if the ladder breaks, you will be plunged into unexpected straits, and accidents may happen to you.
To see yourself climbing the side of a house in some mysterious way in a dream, and to have a window suddenly open to let you in, foretells that you will make or have made extraordinary ventures against the approbation of friends, but success will eventually crown your efforts, though there will be times when despair will almost enshroud you. See Ascend Hill and Mountain. ... Ten Thousand Dream Interpretation
If you dream of a very long climb, potentially the desire to retreat or escape. Alternatively, this can portend a lengthy period of hard work before you reach your goals.
To a platform: A type of ivory tower from which it is easy to fall. Alternatively, a place where you can get a better outlook.
Over a wall: Anxiousness, or the need to escape from a restrictive situation imposed by your family, society, religion, or whatever. Alternatively, overcoming an obstacle.... The Language of Dreams
If the climb takes a lot of effort or is difficult: many problems need to be overcome before you are rewarded for your efforts. Climbing a high mountain: difficult obligations in your life have to be concluded. In the case of men, this dream symbol often indicates fear of sexual dysfunction. Climbing a steep mountain with your intimate partner: you desire sexual climax.
Depth Psychology: This dream symbol is always seen as a form of spiritual renewal.
If the dream has sexual connotations: you are longing to reach orgasm.
The dream could also raise such questions as: are you climbing the social ladder? Do you find the climb difficult? What else do you see on your climb? See Mountain, Rock.... Dreamers Dictionary
Climbing the ladder of success; attempting to reach the top.
Ascent towards higher consciousness, aiming for a higher purpose in life. Astrological parallels: Saturn, Capricorn Tarot parallel: The Fool... Dream Explanations of Astro Center
(1) Climbing may be a symbol of ambition or success. Does the climbing fill you with fear; or do you feel giddy when you reach the top? If so, this may symbolize a fear (unconscious) of ‘coming a cropper’. Perhaps you need to sort out an inferiority complex. On the other hand, the dream may be a warning. There is such a thing as climbing too high. ‘Pride comes before a fall.’
(2) Are you climbing (a tree, for instance) to escape from a fierce animal or to save yourself from a river in flood? This would symbolize an attempt to escape from some emotion, some inner disturbance; or from some external situation - at home or at work.
(3) Climbing a mountain may give you a panoramic view. This might mean that you desire - or need - a more detached view of yourself or your situation; that you need to get things in proportion; or that you need to lift yourself above mere material values.
(4) On the other hand, climbing a mountain may be a form of escapism, and the mountain an ivory tower where the world and your problems (external or inner) can be left behind. Needless to say, anxiety, resentment, inner conflict can never be left behind; not, at any rate, until you face them and talk things out with them. Otherwise, wherever you are, they are. (For ‘talking things out’)
(5) Climbing a wall, particularly if it has jutting-out bricks or stones that you can take hold of, may (Freud would say must) represent, for a male dreamer, sexual intercourse. The protuberances are symbols of female buttocks and breasts.
On the other hand, it may express (a need for) liberation - for example, from irrational or neurotic constraints; from a habit of selfdenigration; or from a state of morbid withdrawal from life.... A Dictionary of Dream Symbols
A climb is the effort that must be expended to reach a particular goal. All goals require effort; many can involve struggle. As you identify what struggle in your life might be represented by the climb, the feelings and images in the dream can inform how you are approaching the current challenge in your life.
A dramatic shift is akin to embarking on a journey of some kind, whether it is emotional, financial, spiritual, or dealing with a health challenge. It may show up in a dream as a climb as your psyche tries to show you that you have the resources to make it to the top, despite the fear or intensity of the effort involved. By the same token, the dream may be telling you that you may be overemphasizing the struggles in your life and that you are applying more effort than is required.
If this is the case, consider the lack of balance between effort and expectations you are currently experiencing. Your job is to define the journey and find the balance between intent and effort. This way, the ascent to your destination can be met with joy and enthusiasm.... Complete Dictionary of Dreams
If the stairs are in a home, it is your sense of self that is being examined. Social issues and how you operate in the world are connected to a stairway that is located in a building or public place. Moving upward could indicate an increase in awareness and a readiness to elevate your thought process. Moving downward might connect to reexamining your past or considering something more deeply.... Complete Dictionary of Dreams
If the climb in your dream is extremely difficult, it may be pointing to some obstacles that you need to overcome before reaching your goals. Consider all of the details in your dream, and if you recently completed a difficult task, achieved a goal (e.g. graduating), this dream may be reflective in nature. See also: Cliff ... The Bedside Dream Dictionary
The degree of inclination is key to understanding how your unconscious is experiencing the current level of stress involved. This should be applied literally to the interpretation of how you are experiencing some life experience. While going uphill can be exhausting and debilitating, a modicum of exertion can also be very stimulating and the accomplishment of the climb can be very satisfying.
If you are debilitated in life in some way, challenged movement in your dream could be an expression of frustration with your limitations.
If the uphill journey in your dream stops your ability to move at all, you may be working out feelings of inadequacy and may be shut down in the face of a life challenge.
If there is a view at the top of the hill, you may be looking at the motivating forces that underlie your current choices.... Complete Dictionary of Dreams