The meaning of Drag / dragged in dream | Dream interpretation
To dream that you are dragging something, indicates your struggles with getting things accomplished. It may represent your responsibilities, relationships, or situations which you should unload or let go. There may be a clue in what or who you are dragging in the dream.
If you dream of someone else dragging you, you are resisiting the influence of another. You may feel stressed out by other people’s expectations of you, or want to avoid getting involved in a particular situation.
If you dream of someone else dragging you, you are resisiting the influence of another. You may feel stressed out by other people’s expectations of you, or want to avoid getting involved in a particular situation.... My Dream Interpretation
The feminine side of nature is nurturing, creative, and patient. Perhaps these qualities need to be integrated in your life in a more authentic way.... Complete Dictionary of Dreams
If one sees himself being dragged, the conse DICTIONARY OF DREAMS 127 quences here may be evil.... Islamic Dream Interpretation
It is urgent that you recover your center, because otherwise you are at risk.... The Big Dictionary of Dreams
2. Expression of extreme anger (breathing ﬁre).
3. Good fortune, great riches.
4. An extremely annoying, destructive individual.
5. Symbol of evil. ... New American Dream Dictionary
The more heads a dragon has in a dream, the greater is his danger.
If a sick person sees a dragon in his dream, it means his death.
If a pregnant woman sees herself delivering a dragon in a dream, it means that she will give birth to a child who will be chronically ill. Giving birth to a dragon in a dream also represents a child who will be a great speaker or who will be known by two different names, or that he might become a fortuneteller, a monk, an evil person, a bandit or an insolent person who will be killed later.
A dragon in a dream also connotes the stretch of time.
If one sees a dragon coming his way without causing fear, and if the dragon talks to him with clear expressions, or if the dragon gives him something, it mean glad tidings or good news.
If a giant dragon is transformed into a man or a woman in a dream, it represents an army of male or femalejinn (see alphabetically), and a marching army offemalejinns in a dream means an enemy who conceals his true purpose or-identity. Such an enemy has many heads and ways in the arts of ugly actions and evil thinking. Each head from one to seven represents an adversity of a different magnitude or an art of evildoing. Ifthe dragon in one’s dream has seven heads, it represents an enemy that cannot be equalled and whose evil designs cannot be paralleled. Ifone sees himselfowning and controlling a dragon in a dream, it means taking advantage of a person who is mentally ill.
(Also see Jinn)... Islamic Dream Interpretation
The Celts use the word dragon to signify a chief, a dictator in time of danger, and probably the dream interpretation is de” ... The Fabric of Dream
The overcoming of it means facing one’s fears of the vast power of such natural drives, and finding satisfying expression. ... A Guide to Dreams and Sleep Experiences
The dragon might be threatening and combative (Blake related it to mental battles). Often, as in depictions of St. Michael or St. George and the Dragon, a symbol of desire that needs to be resisted in favor of intellectual development. Pointing to one’s own “poisonous” and destructive side. Are you hoarding too much? What do you want to own?
According to dream interpreter Artemidorus, wealth and treasure.
The dragon is also a Chinese symbol for luck.... Little Giant Encyclopedia
There is a heroic part in each of us which must face dangerous conflict in order to overcome the lower side of our natures and reach our inner resources.
Dreaming of a dragon allows us that conflict.
The dragon is traditionally the Guardian of Power. In conquering the dragon, spiritually we become custodians of our own future.... Ten Thousand Dream Dictionary
If you slay a dragon, you achieve great success.... Gypsy Dream Dictionary
The guardian of great power, magic, and wisdom.
If you can befriend this aspect of yourself, many new talents and abilities will open to you.
Among Taoists, the dragon represents eternal change, and the part of the path that we cannot as yet see. Consequently, you must perfect the spirit and trust that your road is sure.
In China, the highest spiritual Yang (masculine) power attainable. On Earth, this was embodied by the power of the Chinese emperor.
Slaying a dragon: Overcoming negative traits. Alternatively, cutting off the feminine aspects of self (see Sivord).
Fever breathing dragon: An overbearing person with strong words.
Procreative power of nature. In Assyrian and Babylonian mythology, Tiamat was a half- dragon, half-human (to show higher and lower self) Goddess who gave birth to all things.
Archetypal: The primordial consciousness and psychic transformation.
The ongoing struggle of light versus darkness, and good versus evil, that is always with us. Here you become the hero who preserves your vision of virtue.... The Language of Dreams
The dragon can come to represent the power of creativity as well as sexuality. It can signify alchemy and magic.
A dragon may also represent someone who has fire breath or who uses his anger to get his way.... Ariadne's Book of Dream
If a man dreams he is confronted by a dragon: he is unconsciously afraid of being devoured by a woman (spiritually and emotionally). Defeating the dragon means he wants to dominate women.
Depth Psychology: The dragon represents a person with cold-blooded power who will do anything in order to be successful. Killing a dragon: let go of shrewd and heardess attitudes. Or is there a “dragon” in your house that gives you griefr... Dreamers Dictionary
The dragon can also represent your biggest challenge and to recognize the wisdom you will learn and earn as you deal with it will make you a hero/shero.... Strangest Dream Explanations
The original of all dragons was a version of the serpent tiamat goddess of chaos and darkness. In conquering the dragon, spiritually we become custodians of our own future.... Dream Meanings of Versatile
Dreaming of a dragon allows us that conflict.... Dream Meanings of Versatile
If the dream was dark and ominous, the dragon probably symbolizes the “beast in you,” which could mean that your own weaknesses could well get the best of you. But if the dream was happy and optimistic, something wonderful is going to happen.... Dream Explanations of Astro Center
Because Dragons are mythological in nature, if you keep dreaming of dragons, it could mean that you have been getting into writings of this nature.
• Visions Negative: The devil is mentioned as a dragon in Scripture, so if you see a vision of a dragon, this speaks of high level demonic attack.
• Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the devil, and Satan, who deceives the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
• If you always have visions of dragons and other such folklore, then I would say that you have opened up your heart to teachings and fables that are not of the Lord.
• You have contaminated your spirit and given the enemy a hold of your life. See also: Alien, Alligator, Demons.... The Way of Dreams and Visions
And if you don’t now know such a big wheel, you soon will.... The Complete Guide to Interpreting Your Dreams
and vour true self represents the fearsomeness of the unconscious for one who is still afraid of what may be lurking there, (For self)
(2) For Jung, the first stage of the individuation process is the conscious ego’s heroic struggle to lift itself out of the original all-encompassing unconsciousness and to establish its control of unconscious forces. This finds symbolic representation in the legendary dragon-slayer, St George (St George = the ego; the dragon = the unconscious).
(3) The dragon may represent the devouring aspect of (your relationship with) vour mother. ‘Slaving the dragon’ may therefore mean putting an end to whatever in your attachment to your mother is detrimental to the process of finding your own psychic individuality. Once the individual has achieved liberation from the ‘dragon’, the feminine side of the man’s psyche and the masculine side of the woman’s psyche will no longer appear in threatening form, but as an indispensable companion and guide in the further stages of self- discovery.
(In some male initiation rites in which boys are given adult status, the boys withdraw from the communin’ and live in huts shaped like a dragon or crocodile. This may be seen as a symbol of a young person’s victorious struggle with the devouring mother or all-encompassing unconsciousness: descending into the unconscious realm, acknow’- ledging its powers, and transforming any negative functioning of those pow ers into positive ones.)
(4) A dragon may represent the generative pow er of (Mother) Nature; the unconscious, felt as a wromb pregnant with new possibilities of life.
(5) A winged dragon may symbolize some kind of transcendence, some passing from a ‘lower to a ‘higher’ level of personal maturin’. The fact that it is a dragon that does the flying suggests that the energy for further personal development must be looked for in your unconscious, perhaps in something you have been hitherto afraid even to look at. A winged creature may symbolize spirituality. But a winged dragon is a symbolic reminder that spiritual heights mav not be attained bv abandoning our ‘low’er’ natum, but by letting it serve us as a vehicle. For example, sexuality can be bogged down in fantasizing lust and unedifying topdog / underdog games; it can also be something that releases and activates the power of love within us, a form of self- expression in which sensuous pleasure fuses with the joy of worship; indeed, it can be an experience of the mystical oneness of all things.
(6) A dragon may be a symbol of your sexuality, particularly if it - your sexuality - frightens you. Is your fear irrational; or docs sexuality threaten to rule your life? In either case, don’t kill the ‘dragon’; if necessary, tame it.
(In China ‘chi’ is good, life-giving energy and the channels it runs along are called ‘dragon-lines’, which are said to follow the flow of underground water and underground magnetic fields.)... A Dictionary of Dream Symbols
If you manage to defeat your oneiric dragon you should interpret this victory as evidence that you are sufficiently prepared to play any position involving responsibility. On the other hand, sometimes dragons guard the entrance of a cave containing a treasure. This refers to fears that must be overcome in order to meet with your true Self. The dragon also could be guarding your spirituality. According to Freud, this figure is the devouring aspect of the mother.
It is the resistance that prevents men from developing their natural feminine side.
In China, the dragon represents wisdom of mind and has an extraordinary power, in addition to superior spirituality. So, dreaming of dragons is highly promising.... The Big Dictionary of Dreams
The dragon in your dream may represent the battles you fight in life that you cannot win or that do not need to be fought at all. By the same token, you may have to fight an inner battle and face the part of you that is in the way of you getting what you want in life. Is it possible that your inner dragon may be keeping you from receiving the love you deserve and the abundance you desire? There is also an implied theme of confrontation in battle when a dragon appears in your dreams. What are the battles in your current life? Are you fighting for something that you do not need or cannot use?... Complete Dictionary of Dreams
By contrast, Christianity brands the dragon as the embodiment of Satan, an evil creature who must be slain by the saintly hero; Jungian theory, meanwhile, suggests that the dragon may be a form taken by the terrible mother archetype who must be rendered powerless before freedom can be attained (we echo this personification in waking life when we call a fierce woman ‘a dragon’). So if you share the Chinese view of the dragon, your unconscious may have been trying to instill optimism by summoning it into your dream.
If you are influenced by the Western view of dragons, your mind may have been trying to alert you to a hostile person or presence in your life.
Dragons were also said to be guardians of treasure, so your unconscious could have highlighted a desire to undergo a dynamic process of inner renewal. The fire-breathing dragon in your dream may be a symbol of great inner strength and vision that the dreamer can draw upon to overcome doubt. It also may be urging you to come to terms with and confront your own passions and chaotic beliefs; the only way to do this may be through your dreams.... The Element Encyclopedia
If you see a dead dragonfly, then the news will be bad.
A dragonfly perched gracefully on some other object shows that you will soon be having guests that may be hard to get rid of.... Tryskelion Dream Interpretation
2- We may be pursuing a dream, but without anv real focus as to what we actually want out of life. Our reactions are instinctive rather than logical.
3- Though the dragonfly’s physical existence is short, it symbolises immortality and regeneration.... Ten Thousand Dream Dictionary
If hovering near water, this represents the cooperation between your mental / conscious self and your emotional nature.
Dragonflies are very adaptable, but also territorial. Have you been hovering around your domain too much? Or perhaps you’ve been too flexible in a specific situation.
Dragonflies need warmth and sunlight. On the dream plane, this may represent a similar physical need that manifests as depression or restlessness. Alternatively, it may symbolize the need to be more aware of the conscious, masculine, solar self.
In Japan, these are emblems of happiness and good fortune.
Among Native Americans, the souls of the departed may reside in these creatures. As such, they may be messengers from other realms communicating through your dream (see Ghost).... The Language of Dreams
The dragonfly is the guide into the astral or spirit world.... Ariadne's Book of Dream
If you see a dead dragonfly, then the news will be bad.
A dragonfly perched gracefully on some other object shows that you will soon be having guests that may be hard to get rid of.... Encyclopedia of Dreams
If the dragonfly lands on your body, this is a lucky omen that you will hear some good news from a distant friend or relative.
To see a dead dragonfly signifies bad news.... My Dream Interpretation
The dragonfly spends an enormous amount of time in the larval stage, which represents the hibernation that must accompany great change. When the dragonfly emerges, it can fly with beautiful multicolored wings.
The larva is aquatic, so the transformation that it connects to happens at the level of the unconscious mind. When the dragonfly’s change is complete, the ability to fly and spread the translucent beauty of its wings represents messages of ascension that come directly from the depths of our soul. This is a powerful totem of change, transformation, and wisdom.... Complete Dictionary of Dreams
2. Some aspect of life or situation may have elements of fantasy, illusion.
3. News comes from far away; a messenger. ... New American Dream Dictionary