General Meaning: This is the same as the word Veil used in Scriptures.
A curtain speaks of things that are hidden. Going behind the veil speaks of entering into an intimate relationship with the Lord.
• Positive: Often the Lord hides things from us until we are ready to see them. Often in the spirit as I prayed I saw a curtain in front of a door where the Lord said that He would soon reveal something He has been preparing for me.
• This is something to look forward to and a blessing of promise.
• The curtains in the Old Testament concealed the glory of the Lord. Going behind a curtain speaks of entering into intimacy with the Lord.
Negative: Hiding your heart behind a curtain speaks of putting on masks to hide your real self. Often when people have faced difficult things in life, they hide their heart and feelings from others to protect themselves. Unfortunately these are curtains that prevent them from entering into the presence of God.
• They are then stuck on the other side of the curtain and struggle to sense the Lord’s presence.
The only solution is to allow the Lord to bring healing to the past and to deal with any bitterness that remains.
• Often when I have prayed for others I have seen bitterness in their lives as curtains around their hearts. Before they can be healed or enter into a intimate relationship with the Lord, these curtains/veils need to be lifted..... The Way of Dreams and Visions
(1) The curtains may symbolize your inability or unwillingness to look at the hidden parts of yourself — emotions, attitudes, drives which, because of your fears*, you keep shut in your unconscious.
(2) Alternatively, what you are shutting out may be some intolerably painful external situation.
In cither case, bear in mind that what is shut out of consciousness does not cease to influence vour attitudes and behaviour; and that its influence will be detrimental to your personal growth and happiness unless and until you reclaim the banished part of yourself.
(3) Opening a curtain, of course, has the opposite symbolism. It means a readiness to look at what has hitherto been hidden.
(4) Drawing the curtains w ill sometimes (and the falling or closing of theatre curtains will invariably) symbolize the end of something - a relationship, for example, or some phase in your life.
(5) In a woman’s dream the curtain may possibly represent the hymen. In that case, the closed / open curtain will probably refer to fear of / desire for sexual intercourse.... A Dictionary of Dream Symbols
Closing curtains or drapes in your dream may mean that you are unable to face up to a certain situation or problem, or that you do not know what is going on around you. On the other hand, it may mean that you are being secretive and do not want other people to know how you are feeling. Dreams that feature closed curtains can suggest a sense that you are trying to block out a problem in waking life, or perhaps feel the need for secrecy relating to a certain issue.
If the curtains are open in your dream, you may be feeling generous or ready to share information.... The Element Encyclopedia
To dream of curtains, foretells that unwelcome visitors will cause you worry and unhappiness. Soiled or torn curtains seen in a dream means disgraceful quarrels and reproaches. ... Ten Thousand Dream Interpretation
If the curtains are open in your dream, you will outwit someone who is working against you.
If you’re hanging new curtains, you’ll see an increase in your social life. White curtains indicate the need to perform some irksome task. Colored curtains indicate your standard of living will continue to be modest for a while longer.... Tryskelion Dream Interpretation
To draw the curtains or experience being behind curtains suggests that the dreamer is trying to hide something from themselves or from others. Alternatively, dream curtains might allude to such common expressions as “it’s curtains.”... Dream Symbols in The Dream Encyclopedia
(Cover; Happiness; Fears; Veil) In a dream, drapes means veiling one’s private life. Drapes in a dream also represent a confidant or a trustworthy friend or a wife who covers the pitfalls of her husband, protects his business and guards him from looking at other women. Ifa man of knowledge sees such a dream, then drapes represent his integrity, his honorable wife and children. Unidentified drapes in a dream represent worries or distress. Ifthe drapes are hanging over one’s front door in the dream, it means that such difficulties will come from the world. Old drapes in a dream represent adversities which will not last. Torn drapes in a dream mean happiness and joy.
If they are torn vertically in the dream, they represent a quick joy.
If they are torn horizontally in the dream, they mean slander against one’s family. Black drapes in a dream mean worries because of money, a child, or the authorities. White or green drapes mean good results. Drapes hanging over the door of a mosque in a dream represent spiritual problems or religious failure. Seeing drapes out of their place in a dream mean adversities, and seeing them hanging over one’s windows has no interpretation. In a dream, seeing drapes hanging over a strange environment means fears which will culminate in satisfaction. Drapes adorned with gold means hallucination or dispelling one’s worries.
If an unmarried person sees drapes in his dream, it means that he will get married and protect his chastity, or it could mean a business that will shelter him from poverty.
If a fugitive or a scared person sees himself covered with drapes in a dream, it means a shelter from what scares him. Falling through a hole while hanging to a drape in a dream means taking a long, frustrating, toiling and a distant journey.
The bigger the drapes are in a dream, the more difficult is one’s adversity.... Islamic Dream Interpretation
The heavy, protective fabric common to drapes may comment on your concerns about protection and privacy. Closing the drapes may indicate your need to block out the concerns of the world for a time and to retreat. Or it may suggest a need to enter the darkness of the subconscious... Ariadne's Book of Dream
Drapes in a bedroom symbolize secrecy, privacy and modesty with regards to intimacy and sexuality. Drapes in a living room or family room symbolize a desire to preserve family secrets.... Strangest Dream Explanations
Windows offer a view from the outside world into the inner sanctums of a home. Drapes have the function of creating privacy as well as adorning this aspect of transparency in your consciousness. They can open and shut at will, adding the element of controlling who can see into that which you might want to keep secret. They also can be seen as your willingness to let light in or shut it out, with light being a representation of conscious awareness and life force. As a dream symbol, drapes relate to this choice, the free will to exercise it, and the state of affairs around doing so.... Complete Dictionary of Dreams