The meaning of Floating in dream | Dream interpretation
Floating in water can be symbolic of floating on top of your emotions and in harmony with the unconscious. Floating through the air has the same symbolism as flying. Floating usually represents your current feelings of peacefulness and general freedom.
A marvelous sym- bol of success, prosperity, and all that you desire if you had no trouble staying afloat, and even if there was some difficulty, it only delays the success slightly by reason of obstacles which you can easily over- come. To use a rubber or plastic float is a sign of reconciliation.
This predicts a victory over an obstacle that has heretofore baffled you.
You will be puzzled by the behavior of your friends if you dream of floating.
In order to float you have to relax and accept the water’s support. In psychological terms, this dream means you have accepted your feminine side and are being led by it. Floating implies acceptance; It is time to stop worrying about problems, concerns, and restrictions and to enjoy your true self.
This dream bodes well. But if you struggle to stay afloat success will be delayed.
Floating in water can be symbolic of floating on top of your emotions and being in harmony with the unconscious. Floating through the air has the same symbolism as flying. Floating usually represents your current feelings of peacefulness and general freedom. On a more negative note, floating could also be symbolic of your aloofness, lack of connection or a need to become more grounded. In order to interpret any dream appropriately some self evaluation and honesty is required. Meaning of dreams is very personal and specific for each dreamer.
To dream of floating, denotes that you will victoriously overcome obstacles which are seemingly overwhelming you.
If the water is muddy your victories will not be gratifying.
1- Floating in a dream was considered by Freud to be connected with sexuality, but it is probable that it is much more to do with the inherent need for freedom. Generally we are opening lo power beyond our conscious self; when we arc carried along apparently beyond our own volition. We are in a state of extreme relaxation and arc simply allowing events to carry us along.
2- Because we are not taking charge of our own direction, we are being indecisive and perhaps need to think more carefully about our actions and involvements with other people.
3- Out of Body Experiences.
Floating on water or in the air means that the dreamer will achieve personal acclaim after overwhelming obstacles.
1. Indicates balance, a feeling of lightness, unburdened and unencumbered—often a journey through the unconscious, sometimes a spiritual one.
2. Freedom, obstacles can be overcome with less worry (note condition of water).
This is a good dream if all goes well— it is really a variation of the obstacle dream.
If you sink or find it difficult to keep afloat, then expect trouble ahead.
Floating dreams are related to flying dreams. Floating in the air means happiness and getting what you want.
If you dream of floating in water, your emotions are in balance.
Dreams in which one simply floats can indicate freedom, as reflected in the expression “free-floating.” Floating through the air can have the same meaning as flying. Large bodies of water are frequently symbols of the unconscious, so floating in calm waters indicates being at peace with the unconscious.
A curious aside—pregnant women often have floating dreams.
Something undecided, but still under consideration; research whatever is floating
On water—relaxation; being indecisive; being carried along by events. See flying.
(1) Floating may be a symbol of liberation; the letting go of burdens, problems, restrictions, or ambitions; just being.
(2) Water may be a symbol of the feminine in its positive aspect, in which case your floating will mean relying on / being supported by ‘woman’, which in turn may mean an actual woman or women (if you are a man); mother; or the feminine side of your own psyche. (The male psyche has a feminine dimension (anima), just as the female psyche has a masculine dimension (animus). See Brother / Sister, section (4)) The dream is probably recommending that you put more trust in (your own) femininity.
(3) The feminine represented by the water may be Mother Nature; and the floating will then signify identifying with or going along with Nature, or your true inner self, as distinct from being pushed about in the man-made world of economic and moral and emotional pressures.