2. Commitment, dedication.
3. If walking among a crowd, one feels admired. ... New American Dream Dictionary
If you are being chased in your dream it is important to think about who or what was chasing you, and then ask yourself whether there is anyone or anything in your life that reminds you of your pursuer.... The Element Encyclopedia
A cave in a dream also represents a woman,jealousy, swerving, dodging, or a good luck with one’s friends.
A cave in a dream also represents one’s shelter, guardian, mother, father, teacher, Imam, wife, business or trade.
A cave in a dream also means hiding one’s secrets and for a person looking for work, it means finding ajob or working for people in authority and ending of one’s trouble, or it could mean recovering from an illness, release from jailor longevity.... Islamic Dream Interpretation
A cave can also be symbolic of being trapped, Isa. 42:22... Christian Dream Symbols
If you dream you’re inside a cave, you’ll experience frustration. See the cave from the outside, and your situation will gradually improve.... Tryskelion Dream Interpretation
According to Freud, a symbol for vagina; protection and femininity.
The original dwellings in which human beings lived, with their animal drives. According to Jung, a reminder that human beings developed from animals.... Little Giant Encyclopedia
2- Passing through the cave signifies a change of state, and a deeper understanding of our own negative impulses.
3- Spiritual shelter and initiation and rebirth.... Ten Thousand Dream Dictionary
Depth Psychology: See Grotto, Ditch, Tomb.... Dreamers Dictionary
If you escape from the Cave, all will go well, though you must expect trouble at first. But if you fall into a Cave, or fail to get out, then expect business worries.... Mystic Dream Book
If there is a cave-in, you will experience some unexpected misfortune or disagreement.... My Dream Interpretation
If the dreamer is in a cave, indifference may alienate friends or family.
The cave is a dream symbol of sexual implications.... Psycho Dream Interpretation
• Positive: Although it might not seem that a cave can be a positive place, it does speak of a place of being protected and hidden away. I remember the Lord giving me a vision once where he drew me to a cave.
• The cave was empty except for me and Him. He said that here He would teach me everything that I needed for the next phase of my spiritual walk.
For a season things would quiet down and I would not be involved with a lot of people, but that this was of Him.
• It was indeed one of the most precious times of my life where I came to know the Lord Jesus face to face at a new level. It was a time where He brought the Scriptures to life for me and gave me a new impartation of his love.
• So if you have a vision or dream of the Lord drawing you aside, this is a good thing. It speaks of a time of seclusion that is temporary. However it will be a time of much growth for you. Even Elijah experienced the still voice of the Lord in the cave.
• 1 Kings 19:9 And he came there to a cave, and lodged there; and, behold, the word of the LORD [Yahweh] [came] to him, and he said to him, What are you doing here, Elijah?
It has been our experience in personal ministry to often see someone we pray for tied to a cave wall. This indicates that they have hidden themselves away from the real world, usually because of hurts in the past. I speak more of this under the symbol “Bars” • It also speaks of a place of hiding away from the stress and the pressures that are surrounding you.
The only way to overcome is to step out in the name of Jesus and to overcome..... The Way of Dreams and Visions
(1) For Freudians, a cave represents the female genitals.
(2) It may also represent your mother; or your anima, if you are a man (for anima, see Brother / Sister sections (4)-(6)).
(3) A cave may represent a womb, a place of conception or birth. (It is a hollow place in Mother Earth. A Renaissance painting depicts the conception of Jesus in a cave, with a flash of lightning as the fertilizing agent. Here we see the almost universal symbolism of sky = father, earth = mother.)
The conception or birth represented in your dream may not be a physical one. Metaphorically, a ‘pregnant5 situation is one that may ‘give birth1 to something new, a new order of things. So it may be that something new is coming to birth - or trving to come to birth, if onlv the conscious ego will let it.
(4) A cave may symbolize the unconscious. Wordsworth (‘Prelude1, Book III, lines 246—7) speaks of‘Caverns... within my mind which sun / Could never penetrate1. The unconscious lies beyond consciousness (of which the sun is a symbol) and is therefore ‘dark1 and possibly frightening. But we can allow the light of consciousness to penetrate the unconscious. Rock suggests permanence and antiquin’. Similarly, the unconscious is a much more ancient part of the human psvchc than intellect, much closer to the source of things.
(5) If, in your dream, there is someone in the cave, it may be that he or she is a Wise Old Man / Woman figure see Wise Old Man / Woman), a personification of the wisdom contained in the unconscious. Perhaps he or she will let you into the secret of your ‘destiny5, or uncover for you the causes of whatever is troubling you or spoiling your life.
(6) There mav be a fierce-looking monster, snake or dragon in the cave. There may be treasure there, too, guarded by the monster.
If so, the treasure is voursclf - your true self - or the key that will unlock the secret of life for you. First of all, though, you must overcome your fear of the unconscious (the frightening monster). The terrifying thing in your unconscious may be some traumatic childhood experience that, being unbearable, was repressed - banished from consciousness. Like St George, vou have to slay the dragon, overcome your fear of the unconscious, learn to trust it and let it sene you (which is what it is there for). See also Monster, Treasure
(7) It may be that the cave in your dream represents a hiding-place, a refuge from life’s problems.
If so, there will be other features of your dream(s) pointing towards this interpretation.... A Dictionary of Dream Symbols
It is very common dream during adolescence. The events happening inside the cave will reveal which aspects of the Self you are working on. In other interpretations, the cave represents the womb or female sexuality. What you find in it will be those elements the unconscious wants to cultivate in your: virtues, ideas, attitudes, etc.
Many dragons and monsters from mythology lived in caves guarding a great treasure. This symbolizes that before winning the spiritual reward, you must fight the unconscious’ fears. The cavern may also represent memories about a traumatic childhood that have been banished from conscious memory.... The Big Dictionary of Dreams
A cave may also symbolize the womb, childbearing, new life, contemplation, or creativity. (See also Hole, Pit).... Dream Symbols in The Dream Encyclopedia
If you enter the cave in your dream, this suggests change and a deeper understanding of yourself.
If you are too afraid to enter, there may be aspects of yourself that you don’t want to acknowledge. Or do you feel that you are about to cave in or give way to someone else?... The Element Encyclopedia
Emerging from a cave into daylight may symbolize a new beginning, whilst descending into a cave or catacomb may represent a desire to explore your unconscious. Passing through a cave signifies a change of state and a deeper understanding of negative impulses within you. See also Cave, Chasm and Valley entries in NATURE AND THE SEASONS.... The Element Encyclopedia
The subconscious or hidden nature within.
Archetypal: The womb of the earth—e.g., Earth as our mother who gave all humankind birth and nourishment. Also an emblem for a woman’s womb. In Hebrew tradition, Abraham was born in a sacred cave, as was the Persian savior Mithra.
Fears: If ?>ionsters or other terrible things lurk within the cave, this reveals unresolved phobias and apprehensions.
A retreat, sanctuary, or place of hiding. Many notable figures went to secluded areas to find themselves or the Divine. In this instance, what you seek is probably more intuitive in nature (see Desert).
Damp caves represent fertility.
An archetypal sanctuary eluding to humankind’s earliest dwelling places where communities began to form. Here the subconscious may be relating your need for a safe haven, or joining a friendly group within which you feel comfortable.... The Language of Dreams
To be inside a cavern is to have security, if only for a short while.... Gypsy Dream Dictionary
A married woman or a man having this dream should be on guard against scandalous gossip.... The Complete Dream Book
An earthquake usually means a bitter illness or a plague hitting the population of the town or locusts or a severe cold weather, or it could mean a drought.
If an evil person sees the earth caving under him in a dream, it means a punishment for his sins or undertaking a long and a distantjourney from which he may not return home.... Islamic Dream Interpretation
If you observed the cavern entrance from outside, you can expect that your circumstances will gradually improve; however, if you were in it (or fell into it) and couldn’t get out, you may be up against some hostile influences which could frustrate your ambitions.
The seriousness of your opposition would be indicated by the depth of the cave*L If it seemed very deep, you should reconsider your goal.... The Complete Guide to Interpreting Your Dreams
To be in a cave foreshadows change. You will probably be estranged from those who are very dear to you.
For a young woman to walk in a cave with her lover or friend, denotes she will fall in love with a villain and will suffer the loss of true friends. ... Ten Thousand Dream Interpretation
2. One’s self.
3. Vagina. ... New American Dream Dictionary
The cave, as the womb, can represent new life, creativity, warmth and safety.
The cave can be a general symbol of a safe place, a sanctuary or a refuge.
If you are experiencing much anxiety in daily life, in your dream state you may retreat to a warm cave where you cannot be disturbed by worldly demands.
The cave could also represent the mysterious and unexplored parts of ourselves. It could be symbolic of the unconscious mind, which could be a pleasant or a frightening experience. Your personal associations and experiences with caves, as well as the details and the emotional content of this dream, need to be carefully considered before making an interpretation. Retreat, refuge, meditation ... The Bedside Dream Dictionary
Depth Psychology: A downpour announces unexpected good luck in a quandary that you could not have resolved with your head alone. That makes a cloudburst represent good luck—even if you get wet in the process.... Dreamers Dictionary
If you dream that you have muddled your words, this suggests a vain struggle to attract the attention of someone in your dream. The inability to say the right words when you meet them may symbolize feelings of inadequacy in real life or a deep sense of frustration that the important people in your life, or the people you respect and admire, do not appreciate or even notice you. One of the most distressing scenarios in a dream is when you try to talk or cry out but have no voice.
If you have such a dream, try to work out who is not hearing you in waking life; do you need to listen more and give your voice a rest?
Tripping up in public, forgetting your words when giving a speech, treading on someone’s toes in a dance, or spilling food and drink over a VIP can all betray a deep sense of social inadequacy, even with regard to people close to you. Perhaps your ineptitude masks an element of defiance, expressing your feelings of frustration with the stifling rules and norms of social convention.
If someone you know appears in a dream but you find yourself unable to recognize them, this suggests feelings of frustration or ambivalence towards that person in waking life. A similar sense is conveyed if you are looking on as a spy whilst a friend or lover commits a crime, or an illicit or compromising act.... The Element Encyclopedia
The person who actually lived in this part of the house was the owner’s mother. She treated me badly but no one knew as she was artful in her abuse. She pulled me along by my hair, locked me in a cupboard, and once locked me in the orchard—four high walls and a hidden door’ (Rita). Something below us: as in Rita’s dream, where there is fear, it can depict past trauma which is not being faced (literally run away from); something we have left behind or we feel ‘above*.
Descent, going down stairs or in a lift: getting more down to eanh or practical; a return to difficulties after living in our fantasies or escapism, depression; sexual restraint; a return from meta conception (see aura). Descending into cave, cellar, hole: awareness of unconscious content, experience of womb existence. Example: Then I was climbing down a steep hill. Arriving at the foot I found rippling sparkling water. I stopped and looked around and found everything incredibly beautiful—the green fields and the pebbles in the water, the soft fresh air, then I looked up and the sky was a glorious picture, the sun so warm and the clouds fluffy and soft and pretty. I felt at peace and so happy, and thanked God with all my heart for giving us so much beauty’ (Mrs RE). Going down a hill: can mean loss of status, ageing, failure or death, but is also, as shown in the example, a positive sense of life after death. Idioms: feel down; down and out, down in the dumps; down to earth. ... A Guide to Dreams and Sleep Experiences
The up-down continuum relates directly to the strongest force we deal with: gravity. When anything in a dream is moving in a downward direction, you are either exploring what is below the surface or being stopped in your forward movement by something that is forcing you down. Consider how this downward direction is being presented to you and then remember to explore what wisdom is available for you in the lower depths.... Complete Dictionary of Dreams
If there is someone in your life with Down syndrome, the dream may be interpreted more literally.... Complete Dictionary of Dreams
• Your sense of responsibility is overwhelmed and you feel you’re in danger of forgetting something important in your waking life. You may feel you’re not up to the job you’ve been given to do.
• It can also symbolise an unconscious desire to leave something behind e.g. you forget where you live because you don’t want to go home.... The Premier in Dream Dictionary
Depth Psychology: You have maneuvered yourself into a difficult situation because you are on the wrong track or were led astray. Find a solution—quickly!... Dreamers Dictionary
• Sometimes dreams of being lost can relate to changes in your life that you’ve not yet adjusted to or acknowledged to yourself e.g. an unwanted divorce.
• Have you lost your way? Are you lacking in purpose and direction? Facing the confusion and getting help to clarify your options should get you back on track.... The Premier in Dream Dictionary
The dream may also mean getting out of an unpleasant situation in good shape, but don’t “run over” other people and expect that they will accept your plan or idea. Running over somebody with your car: your carelessness will cost you money.
Depth Psychology: Dreaming about being run over by a train, ear, or machine: you have maneuvered yourself into a situation that vou can’t handle.... Dreamers Dictionary
It reveals your desire to get moving after a state of rest. The intention of activity, the start of projects with renewed vigor. To get up after a fall signifies the strength to want to move forward despite difficulties.... The Big Dictionary of Dreams
If your dreams often feature themes of illness or loss of strength and you are concerned by these, see your doctor by all means; the chances are, however, that you feel unable to meet some internal or external commands in waking life. In your dreams, your unmet goals and high standards are making you ill. But dreams in which you have boundless energy and physical power seem to be telling you that you are capable of far more than you realize. In some cases, as with people who are seriously ill or disabled, dreams of extraordinary energy and good health are compensatory or wish- fulfillment dreams.
If, in your dream, you are weak because you have lost weight, this can suggest concern about body image but it can also indicate possessive, demanding behavior from the people in your life. Conversely, gaining weight and strength may show an excessive need for their approval and a childish need for instant gratification. Finally, if other people are watching either your feats of strength or growing weakness in your dream, this suggests that you are preoccupied with themes of competition. Who or what are you trying to compete with, surpass or vanquish?... The Element Encyclopedia
2. Need to continue or strive for new situation or places. ... New American Dream Dictionary
If you are lying down outdoors, something that is causing you suffering is nothing more than a passing concern, not as serious as you originally thought.
If you are sharing your bed with a person of the same sex, in addition to the aforementioned uncertainty, this reflects a concern about what others might think of you. Conversely, if it is a person of the opposite sex, chances are the problems will be solved soon.... The Big Dictionary of Dreams
If you are a parent and feel that you are reflected in monster dreams, try to encourage your child to share these dreams with you. Bear in mind that, in some instances, the monster may reflect someone else in your child’s life: a sibling, an uncle or aunt, or even a neighbor. This is particularly so among school-age children who have to meet the expectation of peers and teachers.... The Element Encyclopedia
2. To relinquish responsibility for one’s actions and responsibilities.
3. Inability to approach a situation or relationship rationally, with clarity of judgment. ... New American Dream Dictionary
If the action is done involuntarily it means that you are in a situation of deterioration that is difficult to solve.... The Big Dictionary of Dreams
The sexual impulses can also be characterized in this way.... Dream Meanings of Versatile