Golden cage in dream meaning | Dream interpretation
To see only one bird, you will contract a desirable and wealthy marriage. No bird indicates a member of the family lost, either by elopement or death.
To see wild animals caged, denotes that you will triumph over your enemies and misfortunes.
If you are in the cage with them, it denotes harrowing scenes from accidents while traveling. ... Ten Thousand Dream Interpretation
(Who holds the key to the cage in your dream?) Consider all of the details in the dream and look for its possible source (i.e. family life, relationships, thoughts and/or feelings, or work life).... The Bedside Dream Dictionary
An empty cage with an open door, however, is an omen of betrayal.
If you’re buying a cage in your dream, it indicates that an unsettled period in your life is ending.
If you’re trapped in a cage in your dream, it’s symbolic of feeling trapped in your life and, thus, needing to make changes.... Tryskelion Dream Interpretation
Depth Psychology: A cage always stands for the limitations imposed on you by your upbringing, your surroundings, or by the compromises you have made.
The rules you have established are too rigid. Try to break out of these restrictions.
The cage is limiting your personal growth! Did you put yourself in the cage? Did someone else “lock you up”? See Prison.... Dreamers Dictionary
To see rabbits in a cage shows you will have many children.
To see birds in a cage will sometimes presage loss.... Encyclopedia of Dreams
For a more precise understanding of this dream, identify who is jailed, who is the jailer, and the location of the key.
If you put a wild animal into a cage, this either represents that you are gaining mastery over your animal instincts or that you are suppressing them. Consider the feeling tone of this dream.... Strangest Dream Explanations
A place of restriction and oppression. Dreams • In interpreting a cage in an internal dream, I would not see a positive connotation to it unless your enemies were in that cage! In dreaming that you are in a cage or being held captive, it would represent your lack of freedom.
• This would indicate that you are bound either by your circumstance, by your past or by some form of oppression.
The enemy keeps you in bondage while the Lord gives freedom.
• The mind can often be a cage in that it restricts you. Your analytical mind could be stopping your progress.
A cage also represents fear, which could indicate being bound by a fear of the past that has been exposed again in your life.
• In personal experience I have seen people in cages and the Lord has told me that they have put themselves in the cage. One such case was a woman who had a fear of opening herself up to the Lord. I saw her in a cage and the Lord being able to only pass small objects through it to her.
The interpretation was that because she had closed off her heart to the Lord out of fear, He could only give her small blessings because of her restriction.
• Visions • I could not find a positive connotation for a cage in Scripture either.
A cage in an external dream or vision speaks of the deceit and devices of the enemy.
It is a warning of a trap that has been set, or it is a word of knowledge that the person you are ministering to is in bondage.
• Jeremiah 5:26 For among my people are found wicked [men]: they lay wait, as he that sets snares; they set a trap, they catch men.
• 27 As a cage is full of birds, so [are] their houses full of deceit: therefore they are become great, and become rich.
• It is a place of evil and a place where the enemy and his evil works abound Revelation 18:2 ...and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
See also: Bars, Prison.... The Way of Dreams and Visions
To see a cage full of birds means a release from anxiety which could come through a sizable inheritance.
An empty cage denotes an elopement or a loss of opportunity through carelessness.
Two birds in a cage signify success in love affairs.
Re animals in cage, see Animals.... The Complete Guide to Interpreting Your Dreams
(1) The cage may symbolize the (felt) restrictions of your present life situation. But the restrictions may be self-imposed, albeit by means of unconscious processes - for example, internal prohibitions arising out of irrational guilt-feelings.
(2) Some part of you may be crying out for liberation. (For repression and suppression) Wild and dangerous animals are kept in cages.
It is likely, therefore, that what is caged in your dream is a part of you that frightens or disgusts you by its animality. Refusal to accept that you belong to the animal kingdom may result in your living in your head entirely, with the body - primitive energies and drives - locked out of consciousness. But a disembodied head, cut off from Nature’s vital energy and Nature’s wisdom, can only lead to trouble. Particularly in the West, where for two centuries even religion has rejected Nature (the feminine side of God), we desperately need to get closer to Nature, not remove ourselves even further from it.
(3) On the other hand, a bird in a cage may represent frustrated spiritual aspirations. Perhaps you are spending too much time and energy in work that brings you only money. Any contradiction between
(2) and (3) is only apparent. You can’t climb - even to spiritual heights - without your body, without the primal energy and wisdom of your unconscious. To attain the ‘higher’, first go ‘deeper’. The liberation - uncaging - of our deeper psychic contents so that they become pan of our conscious equipment will enable us to transcend the limitations of our past and present.
CANDI h... A Dictionary of Dream Symbols
If you see yourself caged, it is a sign that the unconscious wants to express its complaints, since you are subjected to heavy repression by the conscious. You have become a very strict judge of yourself and limit your acts and thoughts too much, which prevents you from expressing yourself freely. However, if wild beasts are caged, you have to interpret this dream as the retention of inner conflicts that torment you, in which case this oneiric image has some similarity to the previous (in which you are locked in a cage).
If you are put in a cage with wild animals, the dream is warning you that you are in danger of an accident.... The Big Dictionary of Dreams
If it is you in the cage, then look to ways in which you have limited yourself.... Complete Dictionary of Dreams
Punishing yourself or someone else for something you perceive as going against personal, societal, or divine law.
Cabin fever. Feeling cooped up with no place to really stretch your skills.
Restraint. What’s inside the cage that you’re not letting out? Or, what’s holding you in?
Having your rules set by an authority figure who makes you feel boxed in.
Prisons represent the inability to regain control. Also having limited options or confinement within a specific societal boundary.
An expression of claustrophobia.... The Language of Dreams
Dreaming of a cage most often represents some form of trap or prison. However, if the dream incorporates the dreamer ensnaring a wild animal, implies that we are locking up our primal instincts; that we need restraining.
Also this on Dream...
A cage can also represent a sense of entrapment in ourselves, in particular, with rigid beliefs about religion.... Dream Meanings and Dream Interpretation
To dream of caging a wild animal alerts us to our need to restrain our wilder instincts.
To dreamthat we are in a cage indicates a sense of frustration and perhaps of being trapped by the past.... Dream Meanings of Versatile
The cell often depicts how we imprison ourself within our own anger, resentment or depressed feelings; or we may be trapped by childhood trauma. Something or somebody else caged: desire to restrain whatever is represented by the thing, person, that is caged. ... A Guide to Dreams and Sleep Experiences
If the bird wouldn’t or couldn’t fly away, are you putting limitations on yourself? If the bird’s wings were clipped, is someone deliberately holding you back? Freeing a bird from its cage relates to expressing your emotions.
If the bird in the cage is a pet bird, this often suggests happy memories. See also PETS.... The Element Encyclopedia
If you are in the cage with them, it could suggest a need to break free from constraints.
If you dream of an animal tangled in barbed wire or in a trap, this could suggest an unhappy relationship with yourself or someone else.
If the animal seems calm, it suggests inner strength during adversity but if the animal panics, unhappy memories or unhealthy habits are limiting your potential for development and growth.... The Element Encyclopedia
(2) Gold, as something valuable, may symbolize either your true self, as distinct from your conscious ego, or some faculty in your psyche which, if accepted and activated, could bring you closer to your real self.
(3) Gold fruit (like the golden fleece) features in mythology as a hero’s prize for overcoming monsters or other evils. This symbolizes the rewards of facing up to the contents of the unconscious, taming those that - through neglect - have become wild or aggressive, and integrating them into your conscious life.... A Dictionary of Dream Symbols
Folkloric: Discovering the hidden treasures within yourself. This flower marks underground springs, which on the dream plane equates to creative flow or the subconscious (see Water).
Healing your wounds. In China and among Native Americans, this plant was used regularly as a curative. What’s ailing you?
Growing near a home, goldenrod portends good fortune for the family therein.... The Language of Dreams
See also Colors, Flowers, Fo~ liage, etc.... The Complete Guide to Interpreting Your Dreams