The essence or “manna” of life. In this interpretation, eating bread becomes a way of accepting spiritual gifts.
Financial concerns. In most cultures, bread is a symbol of providence. Kinship, especially if shared with another (e.g., “breaking bread together”).
Miracles and divine providence: Besides the story of Jesus with the loaves and fishes, Moses in the wilderness, and the Christian Host, bread was involved in many types of ancient spells for continued sustenance.
Various types of bread may have specific significance as well.
For example, pretzels are a solar wheel, unleavened bread represents haste, and hot cross buns symbolize the spring equinox, a time of renewed hope.... The Language of Dreams
We are looking at our experiences and our basic needs. Unleavened breads, such as chappatis, matzos, pancakes and tortillas, have symbolic importance in a number of religions. Fancy breads can show a recognition of cultural diversity.... Dream Meanings of Versatile
General Meaning: A process of preparation mostly related to the Teaching Ministry.
Positive: To bake bread, means to prepare and make it ready for eating. In context of ministry the Lord could be indicating that you need to prepare for ministry so that you can give out to others.
• The process of baking or actually cooking the food indicates that you will need to get involved to train others, or perhaps be trained yourself.
• Raw dough would indicate a ministry or a person that is not yet mature.
• To bake that dough would mean to prepare and make that person ready.
• We saw this once in the spirit, where the Lord showed us dough and told us that we must go and shape and make His people ready! • Psalms 104:15 And wine [that] makes glad the heart of man, [and] oil to make [his] face to shine, and bread [which] strengthens man’s heart.
• Note: To prepare the dough, it needs to pass through the fire. Negative: To leave something unbaked in a ministry context speaks of not following through with your ministry or giving up. It means that you have rejected what you need to do.
• Consider this passage: • Hosea 7:4 They [are] all adulterers, as an oven heated by the baker, [who] ceases from raising after he has kneaded the dough, until it be leavened.
See also: Bread, Cake, Cooking, Yeast.... The Way of Dreams and Visions
Seeing a bowl of uncooked dough could also be a warning to watch out for the leaven. Jesus says it well in this Scripture: • Matthew 16:6 Then Jesus said to them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.
• In this case, leaven is seen as legalism, works and false teaching. Just one part of leavens, leavens the whole dough.
See also: Bake, Bread... The Way of Dreams and Visions