Scent in dream meaning | Dream interpretation
To smell something in your dream, indicates your past experiences and feelings with that particular smell. Your dream is trying to convey a feeling by associating it with a familiar smell or scent. Alternatively, the scent may be part of your real environment which you have incorporated into your dream.
See Perfume or Odor.
(see License, Perfume, Smells)
A young girl came in under the bedclothes with us. I thought it would interfere, but I could see it wasn’t worrying her. She was playing hide and seek. We were in bed out in the open countryside’ (Hilary). Whether the young person is your own child, someone you know, or a stranger, it is usually an expression of oneself at that age.
The dream above shows Hilary taking her teenage feelings into her lovemaking. This is because Hilary had no chance during those years to mature sexually, so, as an older woman, she now finds herself meeting a young girl’s feelings with her lover.
If dreamt by a child, the adolescent depicts their feelings or assessment of their own future, or ways of meeting future relationships. See boy; girl; woman; man. ... A Guide to Dreams and Sleep Experiences
Dreaming of an adolescent of the opposite sex usually means dealing with a suppressed part of our development.
The emotions associated with adolescence are very raw and clear and such emotions are accessible often only through dreams. There may be conflict over issues of freedom.... Dream Meanings of Versatile
An ascent in a dream also could signify a difficult woman or a stern man who can only be handled with kindness, gentleness and love.
An ascent in a dream also represents one’s associate, or a business partner who cannot be trusted with one’s money or life.
An ascent in a dream also represents the road to salvation or the dangers one may have to cross and the deeds that can save him from hell-fire.
An ascent in a dream also could represent adversities, difficulties and dangers. Ascending a steep incline in a dream means danger and descending a steep hill means reaching safety.
An ascent in a dream also could represent a bridge, an underpass, a wife, a woman, or a scorpion. Walking through a steep incline in a dream also means rising in station because of one’s knowledge, politics, good conduct, fulfillment of one’s duties, his caring for others or wisdom. Falling through a steep hill in a dream means falling in rank, losing one’s prestige, losing one’s money, denying the truth, objecting to one’s religion or walking into darkness. Climbing in a dream always means attainment of one’s goals. Climbing flat on one’s back in a dream has negative connotations. Descendingfrom a steep hill, or from a ship, or coming down form a castle or a mountain in a dream also mean that one’s goal will not materialize.
(Also see Ascending the skies; Climbing a mountain)... Islamic Dream Interpretation
Broader perspectives and higher outlooks on any situation.
If on the journey up, your head literally reaches into the clouds, put those flights of fancy in check and come back down to earth.
Emotions or memories surfacing from deep within.
Spiritually, the quest for enlightenment and reconnection with the sacred.
If you climb alone, you have accepted the role of spiritual leader for your life.
If climbing toward a guru or master figure, the teacher you’ve long awaited will soon appear.... The Language of Dreams
(1) Climbing a ladder or steps or a mountain, or going up in a balloon or a lift, may signify simply high achievement; an arduous mountain or rock-face climb may signify the accomplishing of a hard but rewarding task.
(2) The significance of the ascent may lie in the wider, more comprehensive (or more god-like) view of things gained by the ascent, signifying a possible transformation of your own life through changing your view of life in general - or by putting a problem in perspective, seeing it in a more detached and less emotional way.
(3) High ascent - to the top of a mountain or high in the sky - may symbolize the gaining of (or a desire for) a more spiritual, less worldly perspective or lifestyle.
(4) On the other hand, an ascent in the air may represent a state of mind that is too idealistic, or too much in the grip of fantasy. The dream may be telling you that you need to anchor yourself more firmly in reality, that you need to ‘come down to earth’. For ‘earth’ you might need to read ‘body5: the dream might be telling you that you are in danger of lopsided development through too much emphasis on the head - intellect, thinking - and too little on the senses and instincts. See also Flying, section (4).
(5) What is ascending in your dream may represent something that is rising from your unconscious into vour conscious mind. This interpretation would be indicated if the thing was rising from a deep place or surfacing from the depths of the ocean. That something is coming up from the unconscious into consciousness is good: it is giving you a chance to become aware of desires and anxieties that you have previously ignored (perhaps deliberately).
NB Anxieties are often associated with repressed desires. Desires are repressed - rejected from the conscious mind - because thev gave rise to anxiety (perhaps in the form of guilt-feelings or fear of punishment).
(6) A special instance of (5) is where what is rising symbolizes libido or psychic energy. This interpretation would certainly be suggested if what was seen rising was a snake or serpent. (In Hindu thought, the serpent Kundalini - feminine - lies coiled in the base of the abdomen; from these genital regions she may be induced, by meditation and breath control, to rise through various psychic centres to the crow n of the head. This represents the bringing of the sexual-psychic energy into union w’ith consciousness - thought of as masculine. The opposite process may then be induced: the conscious ego descends into the unconscious psychic depths. And so the twofold process may continue, up and down, until there is a complete mixing of the mental-spiritual and psychic-physical factors.)... A Dictionary of Dream Symbols
A red crescent in a dream means a miscarriage.
If a crescent falls to the earth in a dream, it means a newborn. Seeing the new crescent when everyone else is looking an failing to .LV’” see it in a dream represents one’s death, or it could mean that one will be aberrant and corrupt during that year of his life. Seeing the new moon at a time other than the time of its birth in a dream means happy news, glad tidings, the home returning of a long awaited traveller or having a newborn.
The birth of a new moon in a dream also denotes the truth of one’s promise, or it could mean receiving money, for rent is usually due at the beginning of each month.
The appearance of the new moon or crescent in the wrong position, such as in the South or the North in a dream means committing or witnessing a despicable action that arouses abhorrence and that may die quickly, depending on how long will that new crescent remain in that position.
The new crescent in a dream also represents a leader, an unexpected happy news or it could represent the cry of a newborn or a rebel.
If the new crescent stands surrounded with a gloomy darkness, or if water or blood dribbles away from it, even if there is no rain during that night in the dream, it denotes the arrival of a traveler from his journey or the climbing of a muezzin to the minaret to call for prayers or the standing of a preacher on the pulpit to give his sermon, payment of one’s debts, performing one’s obligatory pilgrimage or the end of one’s life.
If the new crescent is opaque, or if it is created from yellow copper, or if it has the shape of a serpent or a scorpion in the dream, then it denotes evil. Seeing the new crescent in a dream in the same night it is supposed to be born means that one’s wife will conceive a child. In a dream, a new crescent also represents a little child, repentance from sin, dispelling adversities, release from prison or recovering from an illness. Seeing the crescent when it is rising in a dream is better than seeing it when it is declining.
If the new crescent suddenly disappears in one’s dream, it means that one’s project, object or intention will not be fulfilled.
(Also see Moon)... Islamic Dream Interpretation
If the crescent is C- shaped, it may suggest that something in your life is waning or disappearing; but if the circle is a reversed C, then waxing and growth may have been implied, perhaps even the conception of a baby.
If you are a Muslim, the crescent is a symbol of Islam, whilst if you are a Christian, it is a symbol of the Virgin Mary. In both instances, a crescent appearing in your dream may have been focusing on your faith.... The Element Encyclopedia
Social or economic decline. Fear of being destroyed. How did you descend? Where did you end up? Be clear about what you really want and where you can get the energy needed for the task.... Little Giant Encyclopedia
The meaning of a descent may be determined largely by what you are descending into. Descending into a deep well or other dark place may symbolize the ‘descent5 of the conscious ego into the unconscious.... A Dictionary of Dream Symbols
2- We may fear a loss of status, and yet be aware of the positive aspects of such loss.
3- Going down into the underworld, the quest for mystic wisdom, rebirth and immortality arc all shown in dreams bv descent.... Ten Thousand Dream Dictionary
A smell can remind us of a particular situation or person. Odour attracts, repels, relaxes or offends, and so depicts feeling responses and intuition, and may summarise what we feel about a person or situation. Frequently in dreams a smell expresses an intuition of something rotten in one’s life if the smell is bad—rotten might mean ‘bad’ emotions felt in a relationship, a hunch or feelings about something, as in the example; memories. Good smell: good feelings; non-verbalised intimations or love.
Also explainable by the large number of idioms regarding smell. Idioms: on the right scent; throw someone off the scent; in bad/good odour with; odour of sanctity; smell a rat; smell of greasepaint; smells fishy; something stinks to high heaven; like stink; raise a stink; what you did stinks. See nose under body. ... A Guide to Dreams and Sleep Experiences
A grown-up dreaming about a young boy is a sign of immaturity and the desire to be forever young and without responsibility; it can also be a suggestion that honest wTork and commitment to duty is the only road to prosperity. Meeting a young person who is very attached to you: you are admired or loved by a stranger.
Depth Psychology: A young man represents the masculine/intellectual side of your personality.
See Youth.... Dreamers Dictionary