West in dream meaning | Dream interpretation
(1) The wrest may symbolize death or decline; the end of a particular phase of your life.
(2) It may be a symbol of the descent of the conscious ego (the sun) into the unconscious. The dream may then be seen as an invitation to get (better) acquainted with the unconscious - hidden - parts of yourself. See also Sunset.
(3) It may also stand for intuition - that is, unconscious modes of knowledge.
(4) If the west in the dream is the Western world or Western culture, it may symbolize the opposite of (3) above - namely, rational intelligence, or materialistic alienation from Nature.
Where the sun sets—death or the end of something; physical life; down-to-earth self.
The west is where the sun sets, and it represents the emotional qualities of life.
The west may indicate the essential or authentic self and the child within.
It is the direction taken toward depth and the understanding of emotions.
If you are moving toward the west, you are ready for the introspection it takes to face and cope with your emotions.
(See Compass, Four directions.)
Facing the sunset, i.E. Closure
The west in spiritual terms, from ancient times has suggested autumn, a time for harvesting.
The archangel is gabriel, keeper of wisdom. Consulting the entries for colour, elements, harvest and water will provide additional information.
Psychological / emotional perspective: We may be looking towards a time of rest and reward.
The magical element associated with the west is water and the colour is blue. These significances will often reveal themselves initially in dreams.
Material aspects: Specifically dreaming of the west indicates that we are looking at the sensitive creative side of ourselves. We link with the flow of life and the wisdom of experience.
We associate the westerly direction with where the sun sets, so dreaming about the West could be alluding to the end of something (sunset) or to rest (after the sun goes down). In the United States, the west is traditionally associated with expansion and opportunity.
Depth Psychology: This direction of the compass is a symbol for the connection between light and dark, body and spirit, consciousness and unconsciousness. What happened when you looked toward the West? What did you see? See Four Corners of the Compass.
To dream of places in the far West, or on the side, sign of a coming journey.
1. The desire to succeed (“go west, young man”) but it also applies to females.
2. The end of something.
The direction of the west represents a need for introspection, connection to your intuition and depth, and to the element of water. You are moving toward the completion of a chapter in a relationship or project, or toward a wild adventure that will bring you fortune and fame. See Water and Autumn.
This represents rest and the fall of twilight, which announces peace and tranquility. This dream urges you to relax and get over the problems you are going through. (See CROSS)
A long journey is predicted in a dream featuring the west or westerly direction.
Exploration, adventure, unconscious or unknown aspects of self.
(see Directions, Locations)